ISG helps a drugstore chain put governance in place to manage a new multi-sourced environment.
Imagining IT Differently
Under a tiered solution aligned with the company’s business needs, preferred providers are governed via 10 processes, and lower tier providers are governed via six processes.
Future Made Possible
- Identified value leakage of $22 million over four years.
- Identified nearly $61 million in cost savings opportunities from effective governance.
- Freed the company’s global sourcing office to focus on strategic partnerships and negotiations.
- Implemented sophisticated financial reporting that enabled “what-if” scenarios for strategic negotiations between the client and service providers.
- Improved access to skilled resources on-demand, supporting increased volumes on an as-needed basis at no additional cost to the company.
- Increased governance maturity for improved controls and reduced audit and supplier risk.