The university’s primary administrative system was more than twenty years old and had been abandoned by the provider. With nearly 38,000 students and more than 3,000 employees, this growing public university needed modern systems to help it streamline and integrate its financial management, human resources, payroll and student systems.
Imagining IT Differently
ISG worked with the University team to identify the functional and technical system requirements for its financial, HCM and student information system software, an exercise that helped guide the RFP process and steer evaluations toward a best-fit service provider. To ease the transition to the new team, ISG mapped the university’s current business processes and provided ongoing quality assurance and change management support.
Future Made Possible
- Strategic analysis of expected return on investment showing positive results by analyzing costs, tangible benefits and intangible factors
- Comprehensive RFP for software acquisition and integration and implementation services
- System requirements in each functional area
- Business transition and organizational change management by documenting and analyzing the university’s business processes
- Best practices support for evaluating and negotiating software licensing/subscription, annual maintenance agreements and statements of work for services
- Independent project oversight and organizational change management services for the duration of the implementation project